As the global COVID-19 outbreak continues to evolve, we have been closely following advice from the Australian Government Chief Medical Officer to keep our people, customers and workplaces safe.
The Edson Group family (inStyle Estate Agents, at Home and Wolfe Financial) have made it a priority to protect our people while remaining open for business so we can support you, your tenants and the economy through this difficult period.
We have implemented preventative hygiene measures across our business, and have plans in place to keep our offices open.
SALES DEPARTMENT (REMOTE):
The sales team have been working remotely to support the effort in curving the spread of COVID-19.
We are well prepared to operate remotely through this period of uncertainty and have put the necessary steps in place to ensure that our business services have minimal interruptions and expect zero downtime or drop in service.
Our support teams will remain available via email, phone and also able to link via video conferencing means during normal working hours.
OPEN HOMES (SALES AND RENTALS)
You can expect the following protocols:
- Individuals who are displaying flu-like symptoms, have been in contact with a suspected/confirmed COVID-19 case or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days will be excluded from inspections. We encourage affected individuals to contact us to arrange an alternate method of viewing.
- Properties where the occupant/s have declared they are unwell, been in contact with a COVID-19 confirmed/suspected case or returned from overseas in the last 14 days will not be opened to the public.
- A maximum of four (4) people, excluding the agents, will be allowed into the property at any one time.
- All individuals inspecting a property will be asked to wear a pair of latex gloves, supplied by our team – subject to supply.
- Hand sanitiser will be available to everyone – subject to supply.
- All doors will be opened prior to the inspection, reducing the need for attendees to touch any surfaces.
- All attendees will also be asked to refrain from touching any surfaces around the property.
- At the end of the inspection, all door handles will be wiped with disinfectant by our team.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
Our dedicated team have been rapidly adjusting to the changing climate to ensure you and your tenants needs are met during this period of uncertainty.
We would like to address some major concerns and how we should be approaching them together to ensure we all get through this crisis.
Tenants unable to pay rent – Loss of employment, COVID-19
It’s possible that we will see a portion of the population struggle over the coming months should the government enforce a mandatory lock down to curve the spread of COVID-19.
“These measures will provide significant relief to businesses and home buyers over the next six months as we all deal with this unprecedented situation,” said NAB chief executive Ross McEwan.
We encourage all our property partners to contact their banks ASAP and ask if this support will apply to their investment folio and what documentation is required.
I ask that you make it a priority to send this information to our team so that we can monitor the situation and be on the front foot should it affect your tenants.
I ask that you support us in the decision to cease rent reviews for the time being. This small act of compassion will provide significant relief to tenants over the next six months as we all deal with this unprecedented situation the World faces.
Our partner companies have been hard at work to develop ways of providing you with the same level of service.
In the coming weeks we will be rolling out remote, tenant-assisted routine inspections to ensure our services are delivered.
Our core foundations and values
more than ever will be tested, we’re here to help, small or large, it’s business as usual for our team.
We hope to hear from you and look forward to getting through this together.
For more information on the COVID-19 outbreak, click here
inStyle Estate Agents