A Majestic and Enchanting Family Delight
Endeavour no further! Your buyer exploration ends at the unassuming delight that is 49 Captain Cook Crescent.
Blissfully encased behind a mature hedge in a blue ribbon locale on the fringe of boutique Manuka, this 1940’s residence set on a grand 1265m2 approx. is an idyllic family sanctuary of light and privacy. Tightly held by the current owners for over 40 years and enhanced by soaring ornate ceilings, gorgeous wood fireplaces, polished timber pine floors and large windows capturing the enchanting gardens, this home has timeless appeal.
Venturing inside this heritage residence the well thought-out floorplan offers an eclectic range of spaces – each perfect for relaxed living. Segregated at the front of the home is an elegant formal lounge with wood fireplace. There is a sun-soaked sitting room also with fireplace – the perfect space for relaxing in any season with friends or family. While the north-facing dining room with floor-to-ceiling windows captures the level backyard set amid picturesque, established gardens. The large family kitchen with quality stainless steel appliances is at the hub of the home.
The home boasts three generous bedrooms with built-in robes and an updated main bathroom. These are annexed to the left of the home providing segregation from the main living space. Finally, there is a versatile freestanding dwelling with sauna and 3-phase power – ideal for a home studio or retreat for the teenagers.
Brimming with character, you will fall in love with 49 Captain Cook Crescent the moment you step behind the hedge.
– Formal lounge room plus north facing dining room
– Sun-soaked sitting room
– Study nook
– Versatile studio/teenage retreat with Sauna and three phase power
– Large private front hedge and landscaped gardens
– Generous kitchen with convection oven, electric cooktop and ample bench space
– Three good-size bedrooms with built-in robes
– Irrigation system
– Polished timber pine floors
– Automated blinds
-Two beautiful feature wood burning fireplaces
– Security alarm
– Recently painted exterior
– Storage underneath house
– New gutters and drain pipes
– 3M ceilings
– Ducted reverse cycle heating and cooling
– Tree-lined street in a great suburb
– Close proximity to quality educational institutes
– Walking distance to Manuka/Kingston/Griffith shops
Particulars (all approx.);
– Block Size: 1265m2
– Living Size: 186.5m2
– UCV: $961,000 (2018-2019)
– Year Built: 1942
– Council Rates: $1,500 pq